What is a UTI?
UTI is an infection that is caused by microbes. These are organisms that are too small to be seen without a microscope. UTIs are among the most common infections in humans. This infection occurs in any part of the urinary system-like kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. Most of the infections involve the lower urinary tract- the bladder and urethra. Women are at greater risk of developing a UTI than are men.
UTI may cause fatal consequences at some point in time if left untreated. Over 50% of all women experience at least one UTI during their lifetime, with 20-30 % experiencing recurrent UTIs.However, people of any age and sex can suffer from UTI.
Symptoms of UTI :
One should consult a doctor after facing the following issues or symptoms inside their body:
Anybody having any of the below-mentioned symptoms should immediately consult a specialist doctor as soon as possible.
- Pain in abdomen
- Pressure in the lower pelvis
- Frequent need to urinate
- Urine leakage
- Painful urination
- Abnormal urine colour.
- Mental changes
Causes of UTI:
There can be multiple causes of UTI, however, The most common causes of UTI include:
- Frequent sexual intercourse
- Poor personal hygiene
- Bowel incontinence
- Kidney stones
- Heavy use of antibiotics.
How to beat the risks of UTI:
- Drink plenty of liquids, especially water ( 8-10 glasses per day): this is because regular urination can flush the bacteria from the urinary tract to prevent infection. So it is best to drink water throughout the day and always when thirsty.
- Increase vitamin C intake: vitamin C is thought to work by increasing the acidity of the urine, thereby killing off the bacteria that cause the infection in the urinary tract. Fruits and vegetables are especially high in vitamin C are very good to intake.
- Drink unsweetened cranberry juice: cranberry works by preventing bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract, thus preventing infection.
- Wipe from front to back after urinating: always after urinating wipe or wash the intimate area to maintain clean hygiene.
- Take a probiotic: probiotics are beneficial microorganisms that are consumed through food or supplements. They can promote a healthy balance of bacteria inside the human body.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes to promote air circulation: use soft and light cloth material to avoid irritation in the intimate area.
One can easily beat the UTI by following the above information. Blue Bliss offers and provides the best treatment of the UTI with a team of specialized doctors and physicians who work round the clock to make their patients free from the constant irritation and pain of UTI using the latest technologies and methods. UTI treatment at Blue Bliss is one of the finest and excelled treatments performed with acute care and both the departments ( Urology and Gynaecology) provide top-notch treatment to cure UTI and guide on its subsequent prevention.