Dr. Archa Prasad
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), DNB (General Surgery), Fellowship in Breast Surgery
Consultant General Surgeon
Breast, Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Dr. Archa Prasad is a skilled and qualified General Surgeon, sub specialized in breast oncology and aesthetic surgery practicing in Bangalore. She is a graduate of Guru Gobind Singh University, New Delhi, where she finished her Masters in Surgery. She then completed her Fellowship training in “Breast Cancer and Reconstruction” from Manipal University.
Her vision is to create a safe haven for all women to confide in breast related problems and to allay all fears and stigmata surrounding the same with focus on spreading awareness regarding breast diseases , early detection of breast cancer and an authentic aesthetic enhancement wherever applicable.
She worked as
- Registrar in the Department of General Surgery, PGIMER, DR. RML Hospital.
- Registrar in the Department of General Surgery, Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
- Fellow Trainee in breast oncology and oncoplasty in the Department of Surgical Oncology , Manipal hospital since 2019 to Feb 2021.
- Consultant, General and Laparoscopic surgeon for 8 months, Pristyn Care.
- Successfully completed Advanced Trauma and Life Support course .
- Lifetime member of Association of Breast surgeons of India (ABSI)
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Delhi State Chapter- ASI
Awards & Achievements
- First Prize for Best Original Scientific Paper in ABSICON 2022, Hyderabad 2022.-Evaluation of Residual cancer burden after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patients according to its subtypes.
- ASI Torrent Young Scholar Surgeon’s award (General Surgery) in 2017 in New Delhi.
- Awarded Second prize for Competitive Poster Presentation in April 2017 , held by Delhi State Chapter of ASI.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation for Best Scientific Poster Presentation in Surgicon 2016.
- Analysis of Ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence in breast cancer after breast conservation surgery in Tertiary care referral center- Cohort Analysis
- Axillary recurrence in Sentinel lymph node negative breast cancer patient in tertiary referral centre.
- • Evaluation of Residual cancer burden in patients of breast cancer who received Neo adjuvant chemotherapy in Indian cohort.
- Association of CD10 and VEGF expression with tumour characteristics and tumour response in patients of carcinoma breast.
- A modification of the standard Grisotti flap in Breast Oncoplasty
- Poster presentation on Spontaneous rupture of spleen: A rare complication of pancreatitis
- Poster presentation on perforated malignant Gastrointestinal Stromal tumor in Jejunum. SURGICON 2017
- Oral paper presentation on A case series of Emphysematous Necrotising Pancreatitis: An uncommon complication of Acute Pancreatitis. ASI Delhi State Chapter 2017
- Retroperitoneal non-functioning paragangliomas – A diagnostic and Surgical challenge. ASI Regional Refresher Course
- Lumbar lump- Renal Cell Cancer in a 16 year old female. ASCICON 2017
- Oral paper presentation for best research paper on A study on correlation between immunohistochemical expression of VEGF and CD10 with tumor load and response to neo adjuvant chemotherapy in patients of LABC. ABSICON 2019
- Poster presentation on Correlation between IHC expression of VEGF and CD10 with tumor load and response to neo adjuvant chemotherapy in patients of LABC. Paper presentation in SSI Bangalore ASICC 2021
- Analysis of RCB scoring on the Indian Cohort patient who received NACT in Breast Cancer and factors affecting their response.
Conference & Workshops
- IASG SSAT conference- Complications in GI Surgery 2016
- CME on management of Breast Cancer, PGIMER, 2016
- A to Z of Hernia –CME in Delhi State Chapter of ASI 2017
- Recent Advances of colorectal Surgery – CME of ASI 2017
- Surgical update 2017 held in MAMC, New Delhi
- SURGICON 2016, New Delhi.
- Workshop on Vascular Anastomosis, Feb 2018, PGIMER.
- Anastomosis Safer and simpler- Dr K.C Mahajan Memorial Annual CME.
- CME on Surgical Critical Care 2017, New Delhi.
- AMASICON 2018 in Kochi.
- CME on Advancements Fistula Surgery 2018.
- CME on Science and Energy, May 2018, RMLH, New Delhi
- Cancer Awareness Program ASI, NewDelhi,2018.
- CME on Topical Heparin Solution- Phlebotroy QPS,2018.
- IJS Scientific Paper Writing Workshop, PGIMER,2018.
- SURGICON 2017, New Delhi.
- ASCICON 2017, Jaipur.
- Breast cancer related Lymphedema Prevention Diagnosis and Management- MVR Oncology.
- Evaluation of Residual Cancer in breast cancer patients.-Surgical society of Bangalore 2021.
Areas of Expertise
- Resection and anastomosis of bowel
- Lap and open cholecystectomies
- Staple/open Haemorrhoidctomy
- Other perineal procedures
- Breast conversation surgeries
- Wide local excision with or without localisation for both benign and malignant diseases
- Breast oncoplasty
- Local perforator flaps
- Various reconstruction techniques of the breast such as free deep inferior epigastric flaps, peddled latissimus doors muscle flap, transverse rectus abdominis flap, transverse upper gluteus flap
- Mammoplasty and mastopexy procedures.
Breast Oncology and Breast Aesthetic Surgery