What is Kidney disease?
Chronic cases of Kidney failures or diseases refer to a progressively slow loss in the functioning of the Kidney(s). Any failure or chronic disease in the Kidneys can lead to a toxic build-up of wastes and fluids in the body. You may see indications of the problem in the early stages of the disease. However, you may not diagnose the problem before it is fairly advanced. Several factors increase your risk of developing Kidney disease.
Blue Bliss Hospital is one of the best Kidney treatment centres in Bangalore
. Not only do we offer exceptional care, but we have some of the most experienced and well-known Nephrologists. Contact the hospital for a consultation at the earliest signs of Kidney trouble. Early detection is the best way to prevent Kidney diseases from progressing to failure.
Obesity is a major risk
Diseases or other pre-existing conditions may lead to the malfunction of Kidneys. While several factors may increase the risk of Kidney disease, obesity is one of the more potent risk factors.
According to the best Nephrologists in Bangalore
, obesity has several repercussions leading to several problems not limited to the Kidneys. If you are overweight, there is a greater risk of diabetes and high blood pressure. Further, being obese also puts you at risk of being diagnosed with metabolic syndrome (those showing factors that increase the chances of type II diabetes and heart diseases).
According to the best Kidney hospital in Bangalore
, those who present the below characteristics present greater risks of developing problems with the Kidneys.
- Fat around the middle or waist
- High level of triglycerides in the bloodstream
- Low levels of good cholesterol or HDL
- High blood pressure or sugar
Therefore, obesity can, directly and indirectly, lead to Kidney failure.
What you can do
If you are overweight or obese and worry about the risk of Kidney disease, here are a few
things you can do to lower it.
- Testing: One of the best things you can do to understand/lower your risk is awareness. Apart from blood and urine tests, you will be asked to monitor your blood pressure and sugar too.
- Watch your weight: Make sure you know your weight, especially concerning the body fat percentage, which is measured as BMI. Apart from eating wholesome and nutritious food, ensure you stay physically active. If you are overweight, you may want to consider making some lifestyle changes, such as signing up for a fitness program whilst watching your meal sizes.
Blue Bliss Hospital is the best Nephro Urology hospital in Bangalore. Apart from offering convenient laboratory services, you can consult the best physicians to address your concerns. Book your appointments today!