Kidneys are one of the most critical organs of our human body. This makes it all the more
important to nurture it and monitor its functioning right from the infant stage. Paediatric
Nephrology is all about managing children and young people with acute kidney disease and
providing suitable treatments like dialysis and kidney transplantations. A Paediatric
Nephrologist is the medical professional who handles cases related to this.
Though Kidney problems are rare to see in the paediatric age group, there could still be a
possibility of children acquiring them, both in their developmental stages, as well as after
birth, during their infant stages.
A Paediatric Nephrologist treats children from infancy through late adolescence and in certain
cases up to the period of attaining young adulthood.
Some of the common conditions
associated with Paediatric Nephrology are
- Acute Kidney Failure – This relates to sudden loss of the ability of the kidneys to remove
waste from the body.
- Acute Nephritic Syndrome - A condition which sees a sudden swelling or inflammation in the
internal parts of the Kidneys
- Analgesic Nephropathy- A condition which occurs due to over medication including across the
counter pain relief medications.
- Chronic Renal failure – A condition which relates to the gradual loss of the kidney’s
ability to remove waste from the body
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection – This is an infection which can happen in any part of
your urinary system which includes kidneys, bladder, ureters or urethra.
- Glomerulonephritis – Usually noticed in children, this is a condition which causes the
infection of tiny filters of the kidneys called as Glomeruli.
- Goodpasture Syndrome – This is a very unique and rare condition which infects the kidneys
and lungs at the same time.
- Hypertension – A case of high blood pressure
- Kidney Stones - Small tiny crystals which are formed inside the kidney or urinary tract
which can increase in size causing major complications.
- Vesicouretic reflux – A condition which sees an abnormal flow of urine from the bladder back
to the ureters.
- Voiding Dysfunction- This is a condition where there is an inconsistent co-ordination within
the urinary tract between the bladder and the urethra causing complications during voiding
(also called as urinating)
Our objective is to address these critical issues at the initial stage by offering advanced and
trusted care. Our exclusive team of subject matter experts, comprising of competent, dedicated
and trusted paediatric nephrologists, evaluate and treat children by offering a comprehensive
care, leading to speedy recovery.
Blue Bliss Hospital is located in Seshadripuram, Bengaluru and is at a walking distance to Mantri
Square Sampige Road Metro station, Malleshwaram. Blue Bliss Hospital is one of the best
Pediatric nephrology Hospital in Bangalore, providing world class treatment by our expert
pediatric nephrologist in Bangalore.