A few immunities boosting nutritious foods for kidney health include:
Leafy greens which include food like spinach, kale etc. these are dense in nutrients and are loaded with several essential vitamins and minerals. Consuming leafy greens acts as help in the steady functioning of the kidneys and the entire body. These foods items are packed with vitamin C, K, A as well as flavonoids and carotenoids. While creating a non-cancerous effect in the body, such food items boost the overall body immunity.
Omega-3 fatty acids are critical fats that support the functioning of the cells. They are often accreditated as the starting point for several body hormones that regulate functions like contraction and relaxation of artery walls, blood clotting, and inflammation. The body, however, does not produce these and we can stock them up from foods like canola oil, walnuts, soybeans, chia seeds and oily fish like salmon.
Berries like blueberries and strawberries are called the powerhouse of vitamins, fibres and antioxidants by the experts. The nutrients contained in berries have an anti-inflammatory and anti-cancerous effect on the body.
There are many other food items that are loaded with the vitamins that can enhance the immunity of the beans in our body from difficult ailments:
- Apples: Rich in fibre and high on anti-inflammatory properties, apples reduce cholesterol, protect against heart disease, prevent constipation, reduce the risk of cancer.
- Mushrooms are rich in vitamin-d and Vitamin-d is extremely helpful in regulating and improving kidney function.
- Egg whites provide high-quality crucial protein to the body. The yolks are, however, advised to be avoided as they contain phosphorus, which can negatively impact people trying to stay away from kidney diseases.
- Garlic is a great source of vitamin c, manganese, vitamin B6 and is rich in sulfur compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Buck-wheat is an exception to the other high in phosphorous whole grains alternatives. Being highly nutritious, Buckwheat provides huge amounts of vitamin- B, iron, magnesium and fibre.
- Olive- oil is a healthy high- calorie food that is of recommended by experts as the most healthy source of fat. Maaximun of the fat contained in olive oil is monosaturated fat known as oleic acid. Oleic acid has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Water Consumption: in addition to healthy food, drinking water plays a critical role in proper kidney functioning. Drinking adequate water and fluids supports overall health and majorly supports kidney functioning. Water facilitates the removal of wastes and toxins from the blood through urine. Water keeps blood vessels open to ensure adequate delivery of blood and nutrients to the kidney. If the body dehydrates it negatively impacts kidney function and can lead to kidney damage.
It is always better to discuss the food choices with a health care provider to make sure that the best diet is followed as per the specific individual needs of the individual. Dietary instructions are largely dependant on the medical history of the individual as well as the medical intervention already in place. Though it might feel restrictive, there are plenty of foods that fit into the paradigm of well- balanced, healthy and kidney-safe meal plan.