One of the most commonly observed problems with our kidneys is the formation of Kidney Stones. These hard deposits that are formed in the kidneys can be extremely painful. According to reputed doctors working with Blue Bliss Hospital, recognised as the best hospital for kidney stone treatment in Bangalore, kidney stones can lead to severe complications, if not attended to at an appropriate time.
The aim of this article is to create awareness about kidney stones; it’s causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention.
Possible Causes of Kidney Stones
The best Kidney doctors in Bangalore explain that Dehydration and too much salt intake are some of the common reasons observed for the formation of kidney stones. However, this is not all. Certain other factors that can make you vulnerable are:
- Family history
- High Blood Pressure
- History of previous kidney diseases
- Some surgical procedures
- Certain types of medications
Having said that, kidney stones can be treated and cured provided you take immediate care on observing any relevant symptom.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
Best urologists in Bangalore associated with Blue Bliss Hospital indicate that the following symptoms should not be ignored.
- Low back pain
- Nausea followed by vomiting
- Blood in the urine
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Urge to urinate frequently
- Fever or chills.
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
Diagnosing Kidney Stones
Renowned doctors specialised in Kidney stone treatment in Bangalore explain that kidney stones can be diagnosed by undergoing a series of tests that can include;
- Blood tests
- Urine test
- Imaging tests including an ultrasound if necessary
Before suggesting the above tests, your doctor will discuss your medical history in detail with you.
Treating Kidney Stones
Blue Bliss Hospital is trusted by many people for its safe and best kidney stone removal in Bangalore. Suppose you need a surgical intervention then it is good to understand what you can look forward to. With advanced medical infrastructure and medicines, complex Kidney stones can be cleared through surgical intervention. Here are some of the options.
- Shock Wave Lithotripsy (SWL)
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy or Nephrolithotripsy
- Open Surgery
Your urologist will suggest the safest and most suitable treatment for you after analysing your symptoms and studying the complexity.
Preventing Kidney Stones
Preventing Kidney Stones is not tough. Some basic care with respect to your diet and a regular kidney function test can keep you aware of the possibility of the formation of stones. Additionally,
- Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.
- Avoid oxalate-rich food on a regular basis as oxalate has a high tendency to form kidney stones.
- Avoid a high sodium diet that can increase the chances of formation of stones.
- It is a good idea to limit your consumption of meat, poultry products and seafood.
Well-known Urologists at Blue Bliss Hospital, recognised as the best hospital in Bangalore, continue their research in finding out lesser complicated ways to treat kidney stones.